A leased line is a permanent, dedicated high performance telecommunications network connection which can carry voice, data and Internet traffic via a copper or fibre optic connection between a customer site and a Zen Point of Presence (POP). Leased lines are also sometimes referred to as a T1 connection/ T1 line, or an E1 connection/E1 line.
Increase business productivity and efficiency with Zen’s Leased Lines. Whether you’re looking for site-to-site connectivity or a dedicated
route to the internet for guaranteed performance and reliability, talk to us about our Leased Lines options, call us on 01706 902 697.
Why choose Zen's Leased Lines?
- Business connectivity backed by a 100% SLA and service credits
- High-quality and competitive pricing on Zen’s expanding network
- Flexibility to increase bandwidth up to 1Gbps, as and when you need to
- Around the clock technical support
- Rapid onsite 4 hour support in the event of equipment failure
- Suitable for voice, data, video, VPN or site-to-site connectivity
- Dedicated provisioning manager throughout installation
- Unrivalled expertise with over 20 years’ experience
Leased Lines Access Options
We offer multiple access options for your Leased Lines, if you'd like more information call us on 01706 902 001.
Or LiveChat now with a member of the Sales team to learn more.
Ethernet Leased Lines
Ethernet Leased Lines combine high-performance and resilience. Offering bandwidth speeds up to 1Gbps, backed by Zen's 24/7 technical support and 100% SLA with service credits.
Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM)
EFM Leased Lines give you a high-capacity, dedicated connection, with the option of speeds between 1Mpbs and 35Mbps. In addition to guaranteed data transfer, 24/7 support and a 100% SLA.
Our most cost-effective leased line option for providing symmetrical bandwidth, EoFTTC (Ethernet over fibre to the cabinet). It combines with a 100% SLA and 24-hour support, ADSL backup and bandwidth speeds up to 20Mbps.
Request a Leased Line Quote
Our Leased Line portfolio provides a range of options no matter what the size of your business or need – choose EoFTTC or Ethernet in the First Mile (EFM) which are great for office connectivity, or Ethernet Leased Lines – for high-capacity and high-performance – which is perfect for site-to-site and data centre connectivity.
Zen’s consistent investment in its expanding network, means that we can provide high-quality, cost-effective connectivity options, with over 240 Points of Presence across the UK, our footprint is growing so that we’re closer to you.
- Quality and performance - the Zen commitment to invest in the best technology and build our network capacity ahead of demand ensures the optimum performance of your traffic
- Flexibility - adapt quickly to changing business needs by upgrading bandwidth at short notice, you can increase capacity as your business grows, only paying for the bandwidth you require
- Minimum downtime - with 100% uptime SLA backed with service credits and 4 hour onsite support hardware failure
- Reliability - our numerous industry awards reflect the dedication we apply to providing the best possible customer experience for all our services. We only supply products that have passed our stringent ‘fit for purpose’ testing
- 24/7 Support - our industry leading BSU team and Network Operations Centre is available any time to respond to your enquiries
- Future Proof - our Leased Line products are inherently scalable and utilise the latest connectivity technologies, they are suitable for providing access to Internet based business applications or converged Voice, Data or Video solutions on a Private Line or IP VPN
- Experience - we are one of the first UK ISPs and have been providing Leased Lines to businesses since 1997 with an uncompromising commitment to quality and service
- Security - boost your network defences further with a state of the art managed Unified Threat Management firewall
Features & benefits of our domains
Leased lines are used by businesses that need high speed reliable Internet access 24 hours a day, seven days a week giving greater peace of mind. They offer dedicated, uncontended bandwidth ensuring that the maximum line speed is always available when required.
Our leased lines are available in three products: Fibre Ethernet, EFM and EoFTTC. Fibre Ethernet is available from 1Mbps up to 1Gbps, EFM from 1Mbps to 35Mbps, and EoFTTC from 1Mbps to 20Mbps.
All quotations assume existing fibre is present and available for use, however, a site survey will still have to be carried out to ascertain whether the correct fibre is present and available for use. This can only be determined following order placement.
Yes, but there are some restrictions that need to be considered however. When upgrading from an older services, a new circuit and CPE may be required. All Ethernet circuits can be upgraded up to the maximum speed of the circuit (10Mbps, 100Mbps, or 1Gbps) subject to increased annual rental charges.
All our Leased Lines and Ethernet services are provided with a fully managed Cisco Router suitable for your service.
A leased line is inherently secure in its own right because it operates as a point to point service. However, if a connection is provided to the Internet additional security services will need to be implemented such as firewalls. We provide a full range of managed security products, more details can be found in the security section.
Yes. Any firewall can be installed behind the CPE to protect the customer network from security breaches; however, Zen will only support devices that form part of a contracted managed security solution. For a full Unified Threat Management solution more details can be found in the security section.
Yes, we offer a fully managed leased line service. This incorporates management of the CPE and monitoring of the leased line circuit. However, we also offer an unmanaged service (wires only) for some customers wishing to source and manage their own hardware.
Our Leased Line and Ethernet customers are covered by a 100% SLA. If your service is unavailable at any stage, you are entitled to service credits as compensation.
The service is fully supported 24/7 by our BSU team and Network Operations Centre. Any faults reported by customers will receive a response within 1 hour.
You can actually save a considerable amount of money through vast improvements in performance, reliability and uptime, thereby improving organisational efficiency. This can apply from small companies with few users up to large companies with thousands of users.